On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 17:26:06 -0700, Hugin developers list wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm working on a relatively high precision 360x180 panorama, and have an
> issue with the stitching.

> 1) In the ground tiling, the stitching makes irregular cracks, even tough
> the control points that I added manually are relatively dense, and
> organized - following a grid :
>
> [image: 1.1-control points.jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
> [image: 1.2-cracks-2.jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
>
> Is there a way to improve this ?

In my experience, this is one of the most difficult things to stitch.
I'd suggest removing all the control points with an error larger than,
say, 4, and see what things look like.  Then place control points
round the areas where the discontinuities occur.  You might also have
success with masking.  And of course meticulous attention to the
entrance pupil position will make life easier.

> 2) The previous is the output when I used "horizon" pictures
> only. When I added the "up" picture, the same cracks, strangely,
> changed (for the worse). IS this normal ? Is there a way to avoid
> this ?

Did you align before or after adding the additional images?  I
wouldn't expect them to make any difference, but possibly masking
could help again.  Run the cursor over the fast panorama preview while
holding down the control key (this works for me on X; not sure if it's
different on your platform), and it will show you the extent of each
image, and then you can get an idea of how to mask things.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groog...@gmail.com for PGP public key.