Am Sonntag, 9. September 2018 10:22:30 UTC+2 schrieb Groogle:

> > The first one is due to the check of plausibility of the EXIF data. This
> > was too hard. I relaxed the check.
>
> What was the issue?  The Exif data looked fine to me.

The EXIF data were fine. But Hugin does some checks for plausibility
instead of blindly trusty them. This check was to hard - as I already
wrote. It did also reject valid data. Now the check is relaxed.

> > The second one is no bug. If you don't crop the black border, this is
> was
> > you get - GIGO.
>
> This has nothing to do with the border.  Did you check the images to
> which I referred?  They're completely wrong, nothing like the stitched
> result.

It did test with the images. These (input) images clearly need a crop - the
black border needs to be cropped, because the image circle does not cover
the full sensor/image. Otherwise the black border is also used for the
calculations. And this crop is saved in the database. This has nothing to
do with crop of the final panorama - these are 2 different things.
With these images you need to set the lens projection to circular fisheye
and crop all images to the image circle. When you then run the assistant
the preview looks fine. (Without cropping the preview gets the big black
areas you observed.)

> > (Using the crop has the advantage that the crop is remembered when
> > you stitch a project and then loaded automatically when you load
> > images from the same lens the next time.)
>
> There seems to be a discontinuity here.  I crop completed panos, not
> individual images.  Are you talking about the latter?

Yes, see above.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/edc66af1-c06e-4054-9c8f-b0c6ea3ffd81%40googlegroups.com.