Well apparently Protonmail doesn't support setting the In-Reply-To header
manually:
https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/9655260-make-it-possible-to-use-reply-to-field

However, they're developing an IMAP/SMTP bridge which could be used on
Thunderbird which, on the other hand, does have the ability to set the
In-Reply-To header, so I wonder if I could do it that way.

I'll have to wait for their reply.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/BWQAMltkv0cdG3bjpt_iGsS76rbEL8oID7mCrjs_Ba0bcmZut2WcyL0dUktiiw5f43JcLPnPt8MjGwZ05G2BDKo0U8u31JgfIEnNR4eC_4M%3D%40protonmail.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • Re: [hu... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
      • Re:... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
        • ... Erik Krause
          • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
            • ... Lukas Jirkovsky
              • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
                • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
                • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
                • ... Sean Greenslade
    • [hugin-... 'Caetano' via hugin and other free panoramic software