Thank you , I’ve got a lot to learn.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 23, 2020, at 1:19 PM, Abrimaal <abrim...@wp.pl> wrote:
>

> About the panorama example:
>
> Yes, the control points at the horizon are most important here. The detector
> finds control points on the ground, because the details are sharp and high
> contrast.
> Before running the detector, mask out (exclude) the bottom parts (especially
> the tree). You can leave only the horizon unmasked.
> run the detector and optimize.
> Now remove masks.
>
> When the horizon is done, you may add manually some points at the bottom and
> see, compare if it looks better.
>
> I think the 1st example is cylindrical and the 2nd is rectilinear.
>
>> On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 4:41:22 PM UTC+2, Stanley Green wrote:
>> In the past I used Hugin to make simple panos and then I stopped making
>> panos.  I recently decided to teach my granddaughter how to shoot and stitch
>> panos so I loaded Hugin onto my Mac. (Hugin 2019.2.0, iMac 2019, Catalina).
>> When I first downloaded Hugin, I had a problem with PTBatcherGUI freezing my
>> Mac.  Thanks to advice that I received from the user forum, that is no
>> longer an issue.
>>
>> I have a set of four images that I took from the South Rim of the Grand
>> Canyon.  This not a particularly exciting scene, but I already have the
>> images. I first tried generating the pano with Hugin. As can be seen below
>> the resulting pano is less than satisfactory.
>>
>> Hugin Pano Rectilinear
>>

>> Then I tried Hugin Cylindrical (Better than Rectilinear, but still not very
>> good)
>>

>> I then tried generating the pano using Affinity Photo.  The Affinity pano
>> has some minor artifacts at the horizon where the images are merged, but it
>> stitched successfully. And, from my prospectives, looks considerably better
>> than either of the Hugin panos
>>
>> Affinity Photo Pano

> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/d45ed0fe-33af-4b4f-95be-9d0451d93942%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/8F06B6E6-5619-437B-8596-17135E4FDCF7%40verizon.net.
  • [hugin-ptx] Ba... LF Martins
    • Re: [hugi... Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)
      • Re: [... LF Martins
        • R... Terry Duell
          • ... 'Stanley Green' via hugin and other free panoramic software
            • ... Luís Henrique Camargo Quiroz
        • [... Abrimaal
          • ... 'Stanley Green' via hugin and other free panoramic software