Sean: Yes, the pitch in my second animation corresponds to the pitch in Hugin's
Move/Drag tab. To me, that's the only thing that should be called a pitch.

About this grid confusion you have, the camera is moving with the grid because
in this case it shows what happens if you take the photos on a tilted tripod
(the animation frames just show various tilt angles), but as far as I know,
that would still be called a pitch, only one you had a capture time.

At least I hope the terminology doesn't change depending on whether we're
talking about the capture's orientation or the panorama's transformation
because I would find that logic really confusing, since the capture process can
involve all the same orientations as the transformations you can apply to
compensate for them.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/i_GmQ37s2LLqa86EUoDFNWtRKDffuddh9ssiTx8moqDkull3PNZIPf2ia970A78nnOeeAXoksrKX0pqTPIrEQlGnv6IGgX0B11WZ8cfUCY8%3D%40protonmail.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • Re: [hu... Bruno Postle
      • Re:... Donald Johnston
        • ... David W. Jones
          • ... Abrimaal
            • ... Donald Johnston
    • Re: [hu... Sean Greenslade
      • Re:... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
        • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
          • ... 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic software
        • ... Erik Krause