First maybe without the source code if I need to install almost a new
system to change one constant.

I have searched for "_blended_fused" string in the *hugin_version_number\bin
*folder
It occurs only twice in *hugin.exe*, in lines 9757 and 9759. No occurences
in other files. (if not encoded in UTF-16, because I have no editor to
search for text in UTF-16)
*output_blended_fused_bitmap* and a sequence of NUL (zeros)
The same for _fused, two occurences in the same lines, but it is not just
_*fused
*but *_fused_blended*
*output_fused_blended_bitmap* and a sequence of zeros.

Now I am unsure if these strings are responsible for generating filenames
or they are parts of GUI, the displayed text in menu
or they are internal labels of the program.

*blended_fused* contains 13 characters. If I replace them with two
character *bf* and add 11 zeros after
*_bitmap *to preserve relative offsets and the total length of the file
will remain unchanged.
Is there a chance to work?
This way I modified displayed text in games and other .exe files and they
work.

I used the alternative that you suggested, to rename files after the fact.
Using
*Bulk Rename Utility *that changed thousands of _blended_fused and _fused
suffiixed to _bf and _fd, but...
these files are often included in projects, such as video slideshows, batch
photo post-processing
or just refining the panorama in Hugin by masking and merging both images
into one.
The filenames remain in projects and the project files become useless after
renaming.

I am interested how to customize the executor. In Hugin settings there is
no such option. I can define only the main filename, not suffixes.