On Sun 18-Apr-2021 at 00:04 +0800, Meowly Bear wrote:
Thank you so much!

Where exactly was I going wrong in the process?:

1. I set Hugin INTERFACE to Expert.
2. ADD IMAGE: Old picture (this will be the anchor)
3. Double click on the filename. That opens up IMAGE VARIABLES. Under
POSITIONS, I ensure Yaw, Pitch & Roll = 0. Hit Okay.
4. ADD IMAGE: New picture
5. Then I hit CONTROL POINTS.
6. On the Left Panel is the Old picture. On the Right I select the New
Picture.
7. I match and ADD as many as 30 points between the left & right pictures.

Then this is where I get lost. Am I supposed to go back to PHOTOS tab, then
highlight both the New & Old pics, and hit Optimise Geometric (Positions &
View) Calculate?

Yes, this is equivalent to the align step.

Leave Feature Matching Setting: cpfind ?

You don't need this because you have already set control points.

And then move to STITCHER tab, PROJECTION (Rectilinear)?

Yes, Hugin defaults to equirectangular, which is a 360 spherical panorama projection. But you need the output to be rectilinear, which is the projection of a 'normal' photo. Switching from equirectangular to rectilinear may look
Remapped Images select all three boxes and then hit STITCH?

When I do that, it tells me it could not output as no images are selected.

What do you see in the preview window? You should see the two photos overlaid on each other.

--
Bruno