I could be having newbie user issues but I am beginning to think there
could be problem with Hugin on a Macbook with an M1 chip and running Big
Sur.

I am following the directions on
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/scans/
Panorama views are often black and I am getting the "no active images in
the output area" error.

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

---Mary