On 3/25/23 23:47, chaosjug wrote:
Am Sonntag, 26. März 2023, 05:55:37 CEST schrieb David W. Jones:
On 3/25/23 10:55, chaosjug wrote:
Hmm. Running Debian 11 here, I have enblend 4.2, and it uses every
core on my i9 CPU. Under Preferences > Stitching (2), Hugin has Number
of threads set to 0, for automatic detection.

Using Hugin Version: Pre-Release 2021.1.0.33b93e37f209.

The only point where Hugin uses a GPU is when remapping images. That's
controlled under Preferences > Programs > Nona, Use GPU for remapping.

My laptop has both Intel Intel and Nvidia graphics. Apparently that's
controlled through the update-glx setting, but I haven't tried
switching to the Nvidia to see if it's any faster.
Well, I did some testing, and it looks like no matter what I set the GLX
provider for, Hugin still uses only the UHD630. Oh, well!
Depending whether you are using the nouveau or the proprietary drivers try
setting DRI_PRIME=1 or use prime-select.

$ DRI_PRIME=0 nona -g -o test.tif test.pto
nona: using graphics card: Intel Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000 (SNB GT1)

$ DRI_PRIME=1 nona -g -o test.tif test.pto
nona: using graphics card: nouveau NVC1

Cheers
Thanks. I have the proprietary drivers. How would I apply the above to
using nona from Hugin?
I'm not sure about prime-select as I don't use it. But for nouveau drivers its
you just start Hugin that way:
$ DRI_PRIME=1 hugin

Hugin log reports unable to create DRI screen, that's looking for the Nouveau drivers (which I don't have).

Trying to use prime-select, that just reports command not found. Guess it's only for the Nouveau drivers.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com