bruno...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2023 um 19:49:36 UTC+2:

The immediate need is to put out a bugfix release. If we bump the soname
then it won't be a drop-in replacement, and Hugin will need to be rebuilt
for all platforms etc..

These bugs are not relevant to Hugin users, but they are still security
issues, so Linux distros will be looking to update their pano13 packages as
soon as we do a release. It would be nice to have this be a minimal change
without bumping the soname.

I'm not confident I can do this change that keeps the ABI intact, so
looking for help here.

I found a possibility to keep the ABI constant. All public functions keep
their signature and exist furthermore. But the critical functions have been
replace with a stub which prints only a message to stdout and does nothing
else.  So the security issue should be fixed.
The complete removal of these function will be postponed to the next
version.

To keep the changes more cleanly I created a new branch in the mercurial
repo. So the release should use this branch. All further work goes again to
the default branch.

Thomas