I am running Hugin on Mac Pro (from 2012, the "cheese grater" casing
similar to the PowerMac G5 tower) Intel Xeon hardware using Xubuntu
(which equals to Ubuntu 22.04.3 but comes closer to the well known OS X
look and feel) .
Here I used this installation description
https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2022/12/hugin-2022-0-0-released-ubuntu-2204-2004/

Due to regular update intervals my current Hugin version is
Hugin Version: 2023.0.0.d88dc56ded0e

runs smoothly... I installed Xubuntu on an extra HD but you can also use
a simple extra partition if there is enough space available on an
existing hard disc.

Carl

Am 27.01.24 um 21:48 schrieb 'chaosjug' via hugin and other free
panoramic software:
Hi,

there is also a flatpak version which works great in my experience.

Regards,
Stephan