Chris schrieb am Donnerstag, 11. April 2024 um 10:20:43 UTC+2:

*Great! The webpage is far more informative now, putting it into sections
helps a lot. *

I’m only interested in 3D image processing, but I’ve had a look at all the
options in case they might be relevant and I hope my further questions
might help someone else. I'll look at the 3D ones later.

*--align-to-first*

*...This implies also the --use-given-order option. *

The -use-given-order is automatically activated. (But adding it manually
makes no difference.)

*-f HFOV* *...use if EXIF info not complete*

If neither is available what happens?

It will use a sensible default value - see output of the program.

*-l* *Assume linear input files are in linera colour space.*

Is the default gamma colour space?

Yes.

*Optimisation phase*

How do “(yaw, pitch and roll) “ relate to x, y,z?

They all together describe the position and direction of the camera in
space.
See coordinate system of panotools.

*-**m -d -i -x -y -z **Optimize field of view*

I assume one might as well always set all of -m -d -i -x -y -z in order to
optimise
everything .

No, that' s totally wrong. The more parameter you try to optimize the more
precise and better distributed control points you need.
Especially optimization of x/y/z can often be fragile and should only be
added when really needed.
Instead of the command line the best would be to start with the pto file
and optimize then in the GUI. First start with only the basic parameters
and then add one parameter after the other and after each optimization run
check the result in the preview window.