Brice Goglin, le Tue 20 Oct 2009 23:32:38 +0200, a écrit :
> From my quick tests, if you try to build on a non-supported platform,
> you'll probably get a System object with 1 or N processors depending on
> whether sysconf is available. So building the topology looks ok. And you
> get -1 and ENOSYS if you try to bind.

Yes, it was meant to have a reasonable behavior even on an unsupported
OS. Systems that don't provide the sysconf are probably pretty rare, the
only I know is OSF IIRC, for which we have a port.

> I am not sure how hard it'd be to avoid errors during configure. Are we
> sure PKG_* macros or other external things will never use AC_MSG_ERROR ?

In principle ac macros always have an "what if not found" part which
allows us to fallback nicely.

Samuel