Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I think I have the first part of the embedding code done -- it builds and
> compiles hwloc just like today's build system does (but a bunch of the m4
> behind the scenes has moved around quite a bit to enable the embedding
> stuff).  :-)
>
> Could you guys try builds on the supported platforms to see if I broke
> anything?  I only have access to rhel4, rhel5, and osx.  The code is in a
> mercurial branch here:
>
>     http://bitbucket.org/jsquyres/hwloc-embedded/
>
> I'm working on the actual embedding stuff now, but wanted to ensure that I at
> least got the first parts right.
>
> Thanks!

I didn't test it but I read the diff, here are some comments/questions:

1) I don't understand this but I hope you know what you're doing since I
seem to remember that it was related to the failure to build with
autoconf 2.63.

-ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I config -I m4
+# Note that the -I directory must *exactly* match what was specified
+# via AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR in configure.ac.
+ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I ./config

2) Is there a s/disable/enable/ needed in this comment?

+# Disable building the executables
+AC_DEFUN([HWLOC_ENABLE_EXECUTABLES],[

3) I am surprised to see HWLOC_SYM_PREFIX{,_CAPS}. I seem to remember
you saying it was a mistake in PLPA and you wouldn't do the same in hwloc.

4) There are some configure checks that might need to remain in the main
configure since they may only be used by tools or tests (which embedded
should not build, right?):
* cairo (tools only)
* wchar/libtermcap/curses (maybe tools only)
* libibverbs (tests only)
* libnuma (tests only)
* bash? (Linux test only)
* xmllint? (xml test only)
* HWLOC_CHECK_DIFF_U (tests only)

5) There are a bunch of OMPI that should be replaced with hwloc in the
comments :)

Brice