On Jan 9, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

>>> Mmm, couldn't that information (I guess you mean the "Definitions",
>>> "Hwloc Objects" and "Hwloc Indexes") be moved to another, common hwloc.1
>>> page?
>>
>> I'm also realizing that these should also be in the PDF/html
>> documentation. This could just be a chapter, which doxygen automatically
>> translates into a manual page.
>
> Sure, I have no objection to that.

Looking into this a bit closer, I see that there is some overlap between the
content, but not 100% -- there is (intentionally) some unique information in
each.  I think the unique information comes from my assumption that the current
hwloc.doxy was intended as a high-level document and the man pages were a bit
more detailed.

Is that a correct assumption, or should they reflect exactly the same
information?  I don't think I have a strong opinion here -- I probably somewhat
prefer a high-level PDF document and lower-level man pages.

If we keep them separate, I think I'd be in favor of splitting much of the top
of hwloc-bind.1in off into hwloc.1in and having each of the tool man pages
refer to it.

Howzat?

--
Jeff Squyres