I was considering the design of an administration tool in python, and my original idea was to have each module that needs the topology object create its own. This means that different parts of the same program (but possibly in different threads) would call init and load on their own topology structure, and use that structure in their hwloc routines calls. Is this a safe/reasonable/efficient way to go, or should I call init and load on only one structure and pass that one around throughout the application?

thanks,
--Guy