Hi Brice,

I would like to get your opinion on the following issue. On IBM LPAR,
kernel reports  die_id and physical_package_id to be -1. See [0]

hwloc-calc converts these values into an unsigned integer, resulting in
Socket ID 2^32-1:

hwloc-calc --physical-output --intersect socket core:0
4294967295

I'm not quite sure why are die_id and physical_package_id set to -1.
Perhaps it signalizes some error condition. I will try to find out.
However, I think that hwloc-calc should store the values as an unsigned
integers and represent them the same way as kernel. BTW, when using hwloc
API, I'm getting the correct values:

obj[0] = hwloc_get_pu_obj_by_os_index(topology, pu_hier]);
obj[2] = hwloc_get_ancestor_obj_by_type (topology, HWLOC_OBJ_SOCKET,
obj[0]);
obj[2]->os_index => -1

What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot!