Le 01/10/2020 à 19:16, Jirka Hladky a écrit :
> Hi Brice,
>
> this new feature sounds very interesting!
>
>     Add hwloc/memattrs.h for exposing latency/bandwidth information
>         between initiators (CPU sets for now) and target NUMA nodes,
>         typically on heterogeneous platforms.
>

> If I get it right, I need to have an ACPI HMAT table on the system to
> use the new functionality, right?

Hello Jirka

It's also possible to add memory attribute using the C API or with
hwloc-annotate to modify a XML (you may create attribute, or add values
for a given attribute).

> I have tried following on Fedora
> acpidump -o acpidump.bin
> acpixtract -a acpidump.bin
>
> but there is no HMAT table reported. So it seems I'm out of luck, and
> I cannot test the new functionality, right?

Besides KNL (which is too old to have HMAT, but hwloc now provides
hardwired bandwidth/latency values), the only platforms with
heterogeneous memories right now are Intel machines with Optane DCPMM
(NVDIMMs). Some have a HMAT, some don't. If your machine doesn't, it's
possible to provide a custom HMAT table in the initrd. That's not easy,
so adding attribute values with hwloc-annotate might be easier.

> Also, where can we find the list of attributes supported
> by --best-memattr?
>   --best-memattr <attr> Only display the best target among the local nodes

There are 4 standard attributes defined in hwloc/memattrs.h: capacity,
locality, latency and bandwidth.They are also visible in lstopo -vv or
lstopo --memattrs. I'll something in the doc.

> By trial and error, I have found out that latency and bandwidth are
> supported. Are there any other? Could you please add the list to
> hwloc-info -h?

I could add the default ones, but I'll need to specify that additional
user-given attributes may exist.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brice