Le 23/11/2023 à 19:29, Jirka Hladky a écrit :
Hi Brice,

I have a question about the hwloc's support for Intel's hybrid architectures, like in Alder Lake CPUs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alder_Lake

There are P (performance) and E (efficiency) cores. Is hwloc able to detect which core is which? Can I, for example, restrict hwloc-distrib to P cores only?

Pseudocode:
hwloc-distrib --single --restrict <<P cores only>> <<NUM>>

Hello

On machines with 2 kinds of cores (P and E), P are the second cpukinds in hwloc (cpukinds are ordered by energy-efficiency first):

$ lstopo  --cpukinds
CPU kind #0 efficiency 0 cpuset 0x000ff000
  CoreType = IntelAtom
CPU kind #1 efficiency 1 cpuset 0x00000fff
  CoreType = IntelCore

These cpusets may be returned by hwloc-calc either by index or by info attribute:

$ hwloc-calc  --cpukind 1 all
0x00000fff
$ hwloc-calc --cpukind CoreType=IntelCore all
0x00000fff

So just pass --restrict $(hwloc-calc --cpukind 1 all) to hwloc-distrib and you should be good.

Brice