On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 04:30:59PM +0200, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> (in fact I think that non scalable fonts should be dropped in the future,
> X11 should be the latest graphical system still in use with such kind of
> fonts as default)

Where are all the good scalable fonts to replace the non-scalable fonts?
Someone (Jim Breen?) pointed out the extreme level to which Microsoft
embeds bitmaps in their scalable fonts for good display. When all X11
distributers have such quality scalable fonts at their disposal, then we
can get rid of scalable fonts.

--
David Starner - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each