Hi,

At Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:17:22 +0200,
Pablo Saratxaga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I mean for variable width fonts you don't need to worry about "single width"
> and "double width" variants of latin/greek/cyrillic/katakana scripts; that
> concept simply doesn't apply for variable width fonts.

Sure.  I need variable-width fonts which includes reasonable-proportion
glyphs of latin/greek/cyrillic/katakana/hiragana/katakana/ideograph/hangul.
In such fonts, hiragana/katakana/ideograph/hangul will have larger width
than average latin, just like "W" has larger width than average latin.

>> In short, I want an iso10646 substitution of a font named "variable".
>
> Is that alias already in use ?
> I would prefer "sans" as the default variable width font.

Is that font includes CJK ideogram, hiragana, katakana, and hangul?
I don't know any variable-width fonts which include them which are
distributed by XFree86.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/