Hi,

At Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:32:45 -0400 (EDT),
Jungshik Shin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Problematic, yes, but is must be addressed cleanly and effectively.
> > Arguments over glyphs have bedevilled the acceptance of Unicode in the
> > CJK countries, and you still hear people in Japan saying "Unicode
>
>   Please, drop 'K' here.  You may even drop 'C'. Most Koreans, if not
> all, do NOT care. Unicode has been perceived as 'the  way' to go not
> only for multilingual use but also for Korean alone in Korea.

Then, do you think that C and K people will agree that daily default
fonts for Unicode Han Ideogram adopt Japanese style glyph?  If yes,
Japanese people will be happy.

I think this cannot be true for academic or librarian purpose.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/