> By the way, I have a couple of questions on this issue :
>
> - how do you set a key to directly go to a given group ?? I have set
>   the shift keys to do previous/next group, but how do you say : go to
>   group 1, go to group 3, etc. ? (first and last is no problem, but
>   those in between ?)

  It is quite easy with XKB.
  For group number switching the XKB uses 'actions'. Normally these
actions are bound to special keysyms like ISO_Next_Group, etc.
  But you can specify 'actions' directly in the XKB symbols file.
For example
key <...> { [NoSymbol], actions[group..]= [ LockGroup(group=2)]  };

  Or you can redefine some of unused ISO_* keysyms in appropriate
xkb/compat/* file.
  For example
interpret ISO_Group_Lock {
  action= LockGroup(group=2);
};

  And if you don't like to change 'standard' keysyms you can invent own ones
using X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB. (And of course add their interpretation to
your xkb_compat file).

> - xemacs complains about "iso-level3-shift" being not defined... I can
>   still use the keys (like {, }, @, ... used a lot in perl !!), but it
>   exits the search function and bips a lot (which I have turned
>   off...). Do someone knows how to make Xemacs recognise the new
>   XFree86 keys or at least keep silent ?

  I'm not specilalist on emacs but I think you simply have to define it
but make it do nothing.
  I met in news something like this

(define-key global-map [(iso-next-group)] "")
or
(define-key global-map 'iso-next-group (lambda () (interactive)))

  Maybe your config already has such kind of define for iso-next-group.
--
 Ivan U. Pascal         |   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Administrator of     |   Tomsk State University