Can anyone please give advice with the following problem:

I installed XFree86 4.1.0 on my Linux/X86 system. Since I am using
glibc-2.2.4, for which locale support is good, I decided to build without X
locale support (X_LOCALE undefined during compilation). My system is
configured to support three locales in addition to the standard ones built
into libc, namely de_DE.ISO-8859-1, de_DE.ISO-8859-15 and de_DE.UTF-8. All of
those are accepted by setlocale(), but for de_DE.ISO-8859-15
XSupportsLocale() returns FALSE. I assumed that if I did not define X_LOCALE,
then X would completly rely on the underlying system's locale handling and
not do any locale interpretation of its own, but that does not appear to be
the case?

Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered elsewhere, I could
not find any information by quickly browsing the list archive. Since I am not
subscribed to this list, please CC me when responding.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
--
Thomas Koeller