Eventually I located the problem in compat/iso9995 rather than in types: there is no interpretation defined for ISO_Level3_Lock, even though the keysym was defined in keysymdef.h. Adding the following fixed it:

interpret ISO_Level3_Lock+Any {
useModMapMods= level1;
virtualModifier= LevelThree;
action= LockMods(modifiers=LevelThree);
};

I've submitted this as a patch (5526).

This allows me to do something like this:

key <CAPS> { type[Group1] = "ONE_LEVEL", [ ISO_Level3_Lock ] };
modifier_map Mod5 { ISO_Level3_Lock };

All that's needed is for CapsLock to select Level3 and lock it, rather than Level 2. Can anyone help?

See types definitions section in README.enhancing.sgml when it does hit
CVS or http://www.tsu.ru/~pascal/en/xkb/internals.html

Kamil
Thanks,
Séamus

--

Séamus Ó Ciardhuáin

Dept. of Computer Science    |  Roinn na Ríomheolaíochta
University College Dublin    |  An Coláiste Ollscoile B.Á.C.
Dublin 4, Ireland            |  Baile Átha Cliath 4, Éire

Tel +353-1-7162925
Fax +353-1-2697262