On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:20:56 +0100 Kamil Toman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I tried the new pc/lt layout. When I press Right Alt with the numeric
> > keys (1, 2,...) I get correct Lithuanian letters aogonek, ccaron, etc as
> > it should be. But when I press Ctrl-Shift (my toggle for layouts - I have
> > Option "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle" in XF86Config-4), I get
> > onesuperior, twosuperior from pc/latin layout when pressing 1, 2.
> > While with an old lt layout I get Lithuanian letters here also. What
> > should I change in pc/lt?
>
> If I understand your problem correctly the original li map is okay, but
> if you switch to latin (to other group) you don't want _exactly_ the
> latin behaviour but a li-modification of latin (with some keys
> overridden to accented letters).

Yes, these accented letters are printed with Right Alt and a number.

> I think the correct solution is a redefinition of a portion of latin
> map with desired keys (as in li) which should be put in a separate section
> of li symbol map. Then the user could ask for described behaviour as:
>
> XkbSymbols "us+li(us_li_accented),li"

Should it be XkbSymbols or XkbLayout?
I tried  Option "XkbSymbols" "pc/lt+pc/lt(lt_us)", but then it does not
work correctly (Enter key doesn't work for example). If I use
Option "XkbLayout"  "lt,lt(lt_us)", it works, but only if I remove
include "pc/latin" from xkb_symbols "lt_us" {}. Otherwise I get

xkbcomp reports:
Error: Map "pc/latin(basic)" included more than once
Later inclusion ignored
Abandoning symbols file "lt_us"
Abandoning symbols file "default"

My current pc/lt looks like:

partial default alphanumeric_keys modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "basic" {

    include "pc/latin"

    name[Group1]="Lithuanian";

    key <AE01>  { [   aogonek,      Aogonek ]   };
};

partial default alphanumeric_keys modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "lt_us" {

#    include "pc/latin"

    name[Group1]="Lithuanian";

    key.type = "FOUR_LEVEL";

    key <AE01>  { [         1,     exclam,      aogonek,      Aogonek ] };
};

Regards,
Nerijus