Hi,

I am trying to configure the Micron sensor MTD131 using Linux 2.6 i2c.

The sensor data sheet mentions 0x90 as the write i2c address and 0x91 as
read i2c address.

It also mentions that, the last bit in the address is used to indicate
read or write operation.

I am using 0x48 (0x90 shifted right once to get 7 bit i2c address) to
detect the sensor using i2cdetect tool.

I am not able to detect this device!. I tried reading this device using
i2cget tool but it fails to read.

I have the following questions.

1.      As per the datasheet the i2c read address is 0x91 and write
address is 0x90, should I set any of these slave addresses based on
whether I am reading or writing?
2.      I am using 7 bits from 0x91 which 0x48, is this correct?
3.      Why i2cdetect doesn't detect this device and also i2cget can't
read from register 0x00?

Please suggest.

Regards

Seetaram