Hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:36:03PM +0530, Tekkalkot, Seetaram (IE10) wrote:

> 1.    As per the datasheet the i2c read address is 0x91 and write
> address is 0x90, should I set any of these slave addresses based on
> whether I am reading or writing?
The datasheet seems obscure. An I2C-address is 7-bit and then there is a
bit stating if the access shall be r/w. Of course, together they form a
byte, but the address is 7 bit _only_ (there is a 10 bit extension, but
this exception does not apply here). So, the _address_ is 0x48.

> 2.    I am using 7 bits from 0x91 which 0x48, is this correct?
Yes.

> 3.    Why i2cdetect doesn't detect this device and also i2cget can't
> read from register 0x00?
Is there anything detected on that bus? Is there something else
connected to that bus?

All the best,

   Wolfram

--