On Mar 23, 2022, at 13:47, Susan Hares <sha...@ndzh.com> wrote:

> Here's the difficulty.  IP-SEC knowledge is key to the restructure.  And so
> is Yang models.  My personal experience in trying to get the IP-SEC model
> used by BGP model, is that there are differences between the implementation
> of IPSEC security boxes and routing box.

I am willing to help with ipsec related work for i2nsf, wherever the WG lives.

>  For example, RFC8983 is a set of
> status messages for IPsec.
>
> Do all of these message work equivalently for IPsec boxes and routing boxes?

Those messages are specific to Remote Access VPN setups and would not be used
by BGP routers using IPsec in static IPs.

>   I am willing to be "cross-area" participant of I2NSF
> to see that these definitions get thought through by both types of people.

Same. I do think the bulk of the work of the WG is not security related, since
it often involves (re-)reading new IANA registry values creates by new RFCs.

Paul