On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 09:11:39AM -0400, Susan Hares wrote:
> This begins a 2 week adoption call for
> draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology-01.
>
> Please indicate in your comments "support" or "no support" and discuss how
> this draft will allow I2RS client-agent pairs to query information about L2
> topology.  The draft can be found at:
>
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology/
>
>  <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clemm-i2rs-yang-l3-topo/>

I wonder how this will interwork with any possible IEEE work. Bridges
and VLANs had been modeled as MIBs back in a day but we meanwhile
transferred work all over to IEEE. I think there should be some IEEE
liaison interaction here.

I also wonder to what extend this data model is repeating things that
are already in the interfaces abstraction we have. There is no mention
of RFC 7223 yet there is overlap.

There are many other things I do not understand. Why is a chassis-id a
mac-address (and how relates this notion of a chassis to the physical
entity modeling work). How is this going to be implemented? Is the
idea that the information is extracted out of a briding process or do
protocols such as layer two discovery protocols like LLDP play a role
here? In short, I think this model needs some decent IEEE layer two
expertise - so does this really fall into the scope of I2RS?

/js