Howdy,

I don't fancy the vertical separators i3status uses to separate the different modules.

I know that it's possible to alter the generated JSON (when one uses the i3bar format) to get rid of the separators. But I think it would be nice, if i3status could support it out-of-the-box for all formats.

I would propose the addition of a new "separator(true|false)" directive to the general section. When set to 'false', separators would be simply hidden with i3bar. For the other formats, a blank space would be generated.

It this something that sounds acceptable? Thanks.

Cheers,
  Marco