Hello Alexander,

I would prefer an implicit-separator, or explicit-separator option.
That way, if separators were explicit, you would have to insert them
yourself with `order += separator', giving full flexibility in the matter.

IMHO this would be too much of a hassle for little gain as it would require all users to adjust their configuration.

I've forwarded a patch for code review that allows a bit more freedom as my initial proposal.

It allows one to configure the separator string that should be used. An empty string disables the insertion of a default separator altogether.

This way it's possible to allow customization for all output formats, but only with i3bar one is required to resort to the module format string for the actual definition, while with the other formats you can conveniently define it just once and avoid the otherwise probably necessary duplication in the module definitions.

This should support your use case as well. Disable the default separator. Then add any necessary separation as part of a module's format string.

Cheers,
  Marco