On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:06:53PM -0400, Gerald Ardito wrote:

Speaking for teachers working with students, the extra work to download the extra activities desired for over a hundred flash drives would be daunting
at best.
FWIW, I think downloading activities to each individual stick is an utter waste of time. There are better ways to do that; off the top of my head, you can:

a) Prepare / configure a single stick (the smallest one) and clone it by removing ~/.sugar/default/owner.key* and using dd to do an exact copy of
    the stick or
b) create a custom SoaS image[2].

Yes, we could and should build tools that allow non-techies to do this easily. But anyone doing a deployment at this scale will need a system administrator anyway - even if just a teacher with a reasonable amount of Unix/Linux experience.

[1] https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/74
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Customization

CU Sascha

--