Numpang lewat: untuk active AAPG member, jangan lupa e-voting.

FHS

________________________________

        From: jkaldi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 3:11 PM
        To: Angus Fergusen; Jim Howes; Ian & Esther Collins home; Richard
Lorentz; Anuroj N.; peter baillie; Herman Darman; Hasan Sidi; Michael
McWalter; clinton.foster; goldstein.barry; sjpark; naka-kaz; Chen Ying;
lambiase; amorillo; gsolomon; greg cable; fhollgeoph; Gopal Lahiri;
apg_india; saziz; ashamsuddin; wenliu; Chuck Caughey; dana Paterson-free;
Peter Lloyd; rashida; Sarfaraz Siddiqui; James Turner; Mac Beggs; Ian
Collins; Greg CARLSEN; James Turner; Yusak H Setiawan; Yoshikazu Yaguchi;
Ravi Misra; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; saziz; Nadeem Ahmad; Jazbaev Kairat
        Subject: Election of AAPG Officers: Please Vote

        Dear AAPG Asia Pacific members,

        Historically, our international membership has had a very poor
participation in the election of officers, owing mainly to the fact that
paper ballots sent by post may not have been received or returned in time for
voting. AAPG has now made it possible to fully participate in the electoral
process by making on-line voting available! Please distribute this e-mail to
all your AAPG member friends and colleagues:

        Dear AAPG Member:

        On March 1, 2006 the AAPG Officer Ballots were mailed to
approximately 16,500 voting members. At the same time, members with e-mail
addresses were notified that the online election site is open for voting.
Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. (CST), May 15, 2006. Both the paper ballot and
the e-mail notice contain the member's AAPG number and a unique, one-time use
only letter-number combination referred to as an E-Signature.

        Please go to:

https://www.directvote.net/aapg2006/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2faapg2006%2fdefaul
t.aspx  (for voting on-line)
         www.aapg.org/business/candidates (to review the list of candidates).

        The various nominating committees work hard to produce a slate of
candidates who will represent the AAPG's global membership, and this year
everyone is encouraged to fully participate in the election of the AAPG's
officers.  It is the one chance we all have to make AAPG the organisation we
want it to be!
        Please exercise your right and vote in this very important election.

        Should members experience problems, please e-mail Nancy Ince,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  for help.

        This year there is a slate of 3 candidates for President, and you are
asked to vote by preferential ranking (1st, 2nd or 3rd choice). The way the
preferential voting system works is that in case the leading candidate does
not receiveat least  50% of the 1st choice votes initially, they will strike
off the 3rd place candidate and recount using the 2nd choice votes of the
struck off candidate as additional votes for the the other two. I know it is
complicated...Please feel free to contact me if further explanation is
required.

        Regards,
        John Kaldi
        --