On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 06:39:44PM -0600, Jerone Young wrote:
> fixes the issue. I will file a bug with the patch. Hopefully it will
> get in. I have other patches for bugs in acpi-support in Ubuntu and it
> appears nobody is paying them any attention. Here is to hopping some
> one will get this fix in there too.

Join the club.  As far as I know no one is paying attention to
e2fsprogs on Ubuntu except for me, and there are a lot of users asking
for help with very basic problems on their launchpad site.  Very often
the bugs end up in other Ubuntu packages (for example, people
complaining that fsck isn't deferring boot-time checks when running on
battery, which turns out to be because the kernel is building the acpi
ac_adaptor driver as a module, and it isn't getting loaded at boot
time; I transferred the bug over to the kernel folks and/or the
initscripts over 12-18 months ago, and no one is paying attention), or
a number of very clearly hardware or kernel problems that no one from
any other distribution is complaining about.

I'm getting really fed up, and will probably stop providing free
customer support for them, and am seriously thinking about switching
to another distribution on my personal laptop.  I just haven't figured
out which I'm going to switch to....

                                                        - Ted