Jim--

Thanks for the good ideas.  I had to replace a NIC over the weekend, so
I'm going to pass around the old one.  I also have a broken 486 in the
basement that I'll take the cover off so they can see the insides.

Richard.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/16/05 11:58 AM >>>
Richard,

I think Lock brought up some very good points.  Here's what I would
add:

1. Don't underestimate your audience!  I've spoken in front of second
grade classes and ... wow! ... these kids are savvy!

2. Kids respond well to visuals and handouts.  I think passing around
motherboard would go over pretty slick.   Or even a dump ... it will
look
like Matrix!

3. Try to stick with examples they know.  ATM machines is a good
example.
Try to get them to think what happens behind the covers - a Wizard of
Oz
type thing.

4. Always reward someone who asks a question ("Excellent question") -
pretty soon the whole class will get into it.  It's pretty exciting
actually ... especially if you're used to presenting in front a sleepy
application programmers!

5. Have fun!!   Break a leg!!