On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:52:56 -0400, Jon Brock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm not trying to denigrate the abilities of our programmers, either;
most of them simply have too much to do to be able to take time to do
anything beyond simply getting their assignments done.

More to the point, if the design specs were for a program to run as a step
in a batch job, that's probably what the programmer wrote.  And that has
meant a parm of 100 bytes max.  It doesn't matter what the programmer or
what MVS could do with a different environment.  It certainly does not
denigrate a programmer to suggest he/she paid attention to the requested
design.

Pat O'Keefe