In a recent note, DOMINGUEZ MARTIN, ANGEL LUIS said:

> Date:         Tue, 31 May 2005 10:53:25 +0200
>
> - After OPEN. The BLKSIZE obtained is the same as specified in JCL for all
> (DUMMY, NULLFILE or REAL) or ZERO in case param where not present.
                      ^^^^     ^^^^
This result, at least, surprises me.  I'd expect that at least for real
data sets, SDB would fill in the BLKSIZE at OPEN time.

>         So, it will be neccesary know what does the concerning ISPF module
> when recover value zero for BLKSIZE on DDNAME ISPLOG.

If APARable for ISPLOG, I'd prefer to consider it a failure of SDB
(DF/SMS?) rather than of ISPF.  It should be repaired where the
repair will benefit all applications, not a solitary one.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL