On 31-May-2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Leonard Woren) wrote:

> The whole H1B argument is so obviously a lie -- there isn't a shortage
> of IT professionals in the U.S.; there is just a shortage in the
> U.S. of the ones who will work for what in the U.S. is chump change.
> So they import them and train them here so they can go back to their
> home countries and suck even more jobs out of the U.S.

Which is the biggest cost to us.    We're not going to stop them from becoming
the software writing companies of the world - we couldn't if we tried.
Anything that can be done overseas will be done wherever the cost advantage is
best.   If USAmerican companies don't contract overseas, overseas companies will
be doing the competing.    We could choose to become isolationist - but
isolationism has historically had benefits as short sighted as what we're
complaining our CEOs have.   I will benefit, but my grandchildren will be hurt.