On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:18:05 -0500, Rob Wunderlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"FTP.DATA" is a generic name. The actual dataset names and search order are
>documented in "Communications Server: IP User's Guide and Commands" for the
>FTP client, and in "Communications Server: IP Configuration Reference" for
>the FTP server.

Does anybody else wish the FTP client would merge all files it finds in the
search order, instead of stopping at the first one?  The way it works now, as
far as I can tell, if I want to create a userid.FTP.DATA to override a couple
of options in SYS1.TCPPARMS(FTPDATA),  I have to copy the system-wide file into
the user file and make the changes, rather than just changing what I want
changed and letting it pick up the rest from the system file.