In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 06/09/2005
   at 11:14 AM, Bill Fairchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Doesn't the Catalog Address Space get involved because of a PC from
>JES2?

Yes.

>Wouldn't the TCB in the primary address space get charged for the
>time?

No. The issuing TCB would be charged for time spent in the issuing
TCB; it would not be charged for time spent in another address space
unless there is enclave processing for the CAS. I assume that a good
chunk of the work done by CAS is an TCB mode, e.g., DYNALLOC, OPEN.

>And don't forget that CAS may also PC into VLF to suck its catalog
>blocks out of  cached catalog storage so as to avoid I/O if
>possible.

Yep; multiple address spaces might be involved for the single request,
and each would rack up CPU time separately.