In a recent note, Howard Brazee said:

> Date:         Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:20:52 GMT
>
> On 10-Jun-2005, [log in to unmask] (Bruce Black) wrote:
>
> > Intercourse, PA is very close to Blue Ball, PA.
> > In the Cayman Islands, they have a town named Hell (because of the
> > strange, hellish rock formations there).  Their principle industry is
> > the post office/gift shop, where you can mail post cards postmarked Hell.

I had heard that some of those places were changing their names.  And
Beaver College, also in Pennsylvania, has become Arcadia University.

> The crater on the moon is named after a monk named Hell.   Some Japanese
> cities
> starting with "Fu" can be read very close to what you might fear.

When my employer adopted a user ID standard of last name + first initial +
middle initial, I searched switchbord.com and found someone who would probably
never be an employment candidate.

Who cares (other than the Bell Helicopter roboprig)?  I guess we have nothing
better to do.

-- gil
--
StorageTek