Somewhere in the back of my paged out (permanently?) memory is there used to be (or there is one currently) a utility that went through the catalog and looked for vsam datasets and listed any that according to its recommendation ones that needed re-orging. My mind just can't remember the name. It may have built idcams control cards as well.

Can anyone come up with the name of the product?

Ed, I don't know if this is what you were thinking of, but our product FDRREORG does exactly that for VSAM, IAM, and PDS datasets. You provide the criteria and we select and reorg the datasets. Doesn't use IDCAMS.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR