Tom said:
>I commend Mark for taking the issue in hand and trying to implement a long
>term solution, and for raising it to the level where it is discussed so
>that the appropriate awareness is reached, but Mark doesn't need my
>commendation for job satisfaction.
>
>Say what you want about IBM but its people are still among the best
>architects of software around.  This issue is convoluted at best.

Just, for the record, and knowing (now) that Mark has only been in this
arena a relatively short time, I do want to thank Mark for his open and
candid responses, and that he (at least) has tried to do something about
this long standing issue.

I really don't have an issue with IBM either.  It has just floored me to
find out that they have uncharacteristically left a problem - and a very
visual one at that - remain without resolution for such an extended period
of time.

Thanks.