> Is there a reason that you want to use WTO and NOT
> have it show up in the syslog?

One place I do this is on the test system where some annoying
VTAM messages get displayed from failed VTAM connections.  To
avoid cluttering up the SYSLOG, I use a MPF exit much like this
one:

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0109&L=ibm-main&P=R1992&I=1

Its probably not needed for the messages I'm suppressing but
mine also has:

   OI    CTXTERF3,CTXTNWTP            NO WTP PROCESSING

The VTAM messages still go to the VTAM STC joblog but not to the
SYSLOG so no information is completely lost.

You have to identify the messages to be suppressed in the
MPFLSTxx parmlib member.