In a message dated 7/18/2005 7:57:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Except  for the problem I mentioned earlier that a literal can be
referenced by  more than one instruction. I prefer to always use
immediate instructions  when possible.

A named halfword can also be referenced by more than one instruction just  as
easily as a literal can.  I discussed in another post the necessity for
doing some homework before applying such a zap; namely research the possibility

that whatever you are going to zap is referenced somewhere else that is not
involved in the instruction whose logic needs to be altered.

In any
case, all of the instructions under discussion are four bytes  long,
which means you can convert them to BAS/BRAS into the patch area if  you
need to do something more exotic/difficult than what a zap to the
instruction allows.

This is another example of research that could be done before creating a
zap.  There is obviously a lot more involved in zapping code than point and
shoot.

Bill Fairchild