From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Supported interface to set/retrieve TCBUSER field NON-authori
zed?

> The subject says it all, I am trying to find out if there is a
> supported+documented interface to set and retrieve the
> TCBUSER word from a
> NON-authorized program WITHOUT writing any authorized code.
>
> I tried a simple ST instruction, but that's an 0C4 storage violation.
>
> TIA for any RTFM/info/etc. you can provide.  z/OS 1.4 is the
> environment.

Dream on. The TCB is key zero (LSQA) so you need to be in key zero to modify
it.

BUT!

TCBUSER is one of the all time bad ideas, along with CVTUSER. You could
never count on being "the user" so you could never be sure you had the right
to store/replace whateever was there. And since everyone is in the same boat
nobody uses it.

If you're looking for a place to hang things, use name/token services.

CC

_
and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.