Chase, John wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of R.S.

[ snip ]
Me: Your job has CLASS=5 coded in the jobcard. We don't use such class, please change it, you should use CLASS=A... Him: Can't you change the JES ? My job is OK, I've got it as final version, I don't want to reconfigure the job, it would cause application unstability...

Immediately raises the question, "How does he know that his job is OK if it
(obviously) never ran (in class 5)?"

John,
You're trying to find any logic there, bad approach.
Co-worker of "him" had problems with some job step. That means somebody read output and said :your job failed in step1". He *commented out* first step.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland