I cannot say for certain, but I would guess that these UNIX functions
are most likely being used by your TCPIP stack.

BPX1MP documented at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/BPXZB151/2.11
0
<quote>
 The mvspause callable service allows a thread to suspend until a signal
arrives or some application-defined event is posted.
</quote>

BPX1MPI documented at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/BPXZB151/2.11
1
<quote>
 The mvspauseinit callable service allows the thread to declare to the
system a list of event control blocks (ECBs) the application program
will use to receive event notifications. This service is used in
conjunction with the mvspause service.
</quote>

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.