In a recent note, Charles Mills said:

> Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:27:01 -0700
>
> - Some developer decides to "over-check" device types. Stupid, but it
> just affects that one program and its users.

"one program and its users" can be a pretty wide scope.  I've
had "over-checking" problems with:

o SMP/E (mostly fixed now.  Thanks, Kurt Q.)

o ISPF

o TSO Transmit

o Rexx interpreter

o ISRDDN

The last 4 persist.

Of course, if you don't use ISPF, TSO TRANSMIT, Rexx, or ISRDDN
(and maybe some others), you won't be affected.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL